My garden is being kind enough to give me a weekly bounty of chard leaves. So today I was trying to think what else I could do with them. I usually use them as a salad leaf but today the thought came to me to try them in a fritatta.
I love fritattas - they make great lunch box food. You don't even need to heat them up to eat them. It'll be one meal in the day when I don't have to cook and sometimes days get that little bit hectic that I just need a prepared lunch.
Here's the recipe:
6 rashes of bacon cut into bacon bits (lightly fried)
2 Onions (lightly fried)
Broken up bits of goat cheese
25g Chard leaves
Cheddar cheese for grating
1. Fry the bacon bits and onions
2. In a large metal wok type pan (that can be used in the oven later on) combine the bacon, onions, 8 eggs, goats cheese, chard leaves and mix together
3. Place on a medium heat and fry (without disturbing) to allow the egg to bond everything together
4. Once it all looks like its started to firm up add the grated cheddar cheese on the top.
5. Place in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees centigrade.
6. When the cheddar on the top is golden brown it is ready to take out of the oven