Sunday 8 January 2012

Stuffed Gem Squash

Do you remember the gem squash I grew in the garden last summer?  Gem Squash - the intrepid explorer  Yesterday, I thought it was time to do my home grown gem squash justice and what a delicious dish it made.  I just have to share it with you!

As my boyfriend is lactose intolerant I stuffed his gem squash with my home grown Slow Roasted Tomatoes, a finely chopped shallot, a mix of herbs ground with a pestle and mortar (oregano, chilli flakes, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, bay leaf, salt and pepper), poured some of the oil the slow roasted tomatoes were in and mixed the herbs with the stuffing by stirring around with a tea spoon and put the lid on.

I, on the other hand am not lactose intolerant and have a serious addiction to cheese - particularly nice, soft goats cheese!  So I started off stuffing my gem squash with a good scoop of goats cheese, slow roasted tomatoes, a drizzle of the oil the slow roasted tomatoes were stored in and the mix of herbs I used in Matt's gem squash.

I accompanied these with some lamb cutlets with a good spread of my home made (and home grown) Nasturtium Pesto

Then I roasted them all in the oven for an hour at 180 degrees centigrade.

Here's how they looked straight out of the oven after an hour.  When they came out the oven they smelt absolutely devine and tasted absolutely scrumptious. 

Recipes used in the making of this meal:
Nasturtium Pesto
Slow Roasted Tomatoes


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Claire. They look yummy. I will definitely give this a try if I can find some gem squash.
    Aneela

    ReplyDelete