1kg tomatoes (Halved)
200g shallots (peeled and chopped)
4 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
Teaspoon ground black pepper
50ml rapeseed oil
100ml balsamic vinegar
50ml lemon juice
100g Teaspoon of mustard seeds
1. Put the halved tomatoes cut side up into a large oven proof dish and sprinkle the chopped shallots, garlic cloves, rosemary, teaspoon salt, teaspoon ground black pepper, tea spoon sugar and the oil over the tomatoes.
2. Roast for an hour at 180 degrees centigrade.
3. After an hour take them out of the oven and push the tomatoes through a sieve.
4. Put the tomato puree into a large pan and add the vinegar, lemon juice and the mustard seeds
5. Simmer until the ketchup is at your preferred consistancy (I simmer for about 30 minutes)