Saturday 19 November 2011

Apples with Garam Masala

Chopped apples with Garam Masala, chopped onions and chopped black pudding (from local butcher)

A few days ago I was making a curry and one of the spices the recipe asked for was Garam Masala.  Before using all the new herbs and spices, I smelt each jar just to see if I had any more ideas for the new spices in my cupboard.  One of which being ground Garam Masala and as soon as I took a whiff of this one I thought this might be good with apples.

My mum gave me a bag of apples from her orchard so I've been trying to think up new ideas with the apples so last night as I was lightly frying some apples in a savoury dish I tossed in a teaspoon of Garam Masala.

I have to tell you apples and Garam Masala make amazing bed fellows - it was delicious!

It makes for a wonderfully smell in the kitchen too - great for winter evenings.

Happy experimenting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment