Friday 11 November 2011

Mashed Potatoes & Peppers


Tonight as I was making some mashed potatoes with some fried onions and bacon bits, I thought I'd add some sweet peppers I've got growing on some plants in my flat.  I lightly fried the peppers, onions and bacon bits and as I was mashing up the potatoes at the end thought I'd add a generous portion of chilli flakes.  As this was a real winner in my home I thought I'd share it with you.

Ingredients:

Potatoes (for mashing)
Margarine/Butter (for the potato mash)
2 chopped onions
5 chopped garlic
2 sweet chillies
3 slices of bacon
Chilli flakes (I leave the quantity up to you)

Method:

1.  Peel, chop and boil the potatoes until soft.
2.  Chop the onions, garlic and sweet peppers.
3.  Fry the onions, garlic and sweet peppers on a low heat.  When they are done remove them from the heat.
4.  Cut the bacon into small pieces and fry.
5.  Drain and mash the potatoes with a good dollop of margarine or butter.
6.  Add the bacon, onions, garlic and sweet peppers to the mix and mix well in.
7.  Sprinkle some chilli flakes into the mix.  Mix in and taste.  Add more chilli flakes if you need more heat.
8.  Enjoy!!  Great for a cool autumn evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment